Application to the ACTS PhD Programme is a two-stage process. First, students must submit the following:
- A copy of their Master’s degree.
- A copy of their Master’s degree transcript.
- A copy of their resume/CV.
- A personal statement describing in a maximum of 800 words their reasons for wishing to undertake the ACTS PhD Programme and their relevant experience.
- A TOEFL score of at least 550 or IELTS score of at least 6.0.
- A completed PUC application form.
- A brief but clear statement indicating the resources they have to effectively communicate online during their non-residential time in the programme (i.e., do they routinely have access to a computer and the internet; if not, how time consuming would it be to get such access, etc.).
The second stage of the admissions process for students assessed as viable candidates for the programme requires additional information to be provided, including:
- A statement from their employer that they will be able to attend all the residential seminars [to be announced]:
- Three references from individuals familiar with their academic skills and achievements and/or with their work as peace practitioners. Such individuals may be past professors, past or current supervisors or colleagues, etc. but should not be those who have worked or now work for the applicant. Candidates must supply the email addresses of these references, as well as the name of the organization where they work and their position title. Forms for the reference letters will be sent directly by email to references and returned directly by their author rather than through the applicant. References will be asked to attest that the candidate has not read their recommendation.
- A copy of their Master’s degree thesis, if they wrote a thesis for that degree.
- A 1000-2000 word document outlining their current thoughts on the research they plan on conducting during their PhD studies.
- An interview (via Skype if necessary).
- All second-stage applicants must meet any additional PUC requirements. Please check: http://www.puc.edu.kh/index.php/academics/social-sciences-international-relations/admissions#sthash.i12tP82m.dpuf
All candidates who have successfully passed into the second stage of the application process will also be presented to PUC for their approval of the candidate.