The two-year ACTS Masters Programme is specially designed for a variety of peace practitioners from all sectors, including government and non-government, military, armed groups and businesses from across the Asia-Pacific region.
The 2022 ACTS modules will largely be conducted online with the sessions loosely spread throughout an eight-week period. The modules will be a combination of online sessions and offline activities where the students will actively participate and comply, respectively. The programme includes practical study, reflective peacebuilding, advanced conflict intervention skills, theory building, analysis and strategy development as well as specialised Action Research into the areas of peacebuilding and conflict transformation relating to the work of students and their organisations.
The programme will start on March 2022.
The course fee is $2,250 USD a year. Only a very limited number of scholarships are available for special types of students.
The ACTS MA Programme is fully accredited with Paññãsãstra University of Cambodia (PUC).
- Experience in participative learning methodology in the field of conflict transformation or related fields
- Willingness to participate in a cross-cultural and interfaith learning environment
- At least five years work experience in conflict transformation or related fields
- Support of employer or someone connected with proposed area of work and action research
- Capacity to cope well with demands of the course, including self-directed action research
- Commitment to peace and justice values
- Self-awareness and openness to receiving feedback
- Access to computer, email, internet
- Fluency in English (required to pass IELTS score 6.0 or TOEFL of 550)
- Undergraduate degree and high school degree essential
- Living and working within boundaries of the Asia-Pacific region
- Over 25 years of age
Please download the application documents below and fill-out what is required:
In addition, applicants should also submit:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- A copy of your Bachelor’s Degree certificate and transcript (notarised and translated into English if in another language)
- University Recommendation certifying you have been conferred with the bachelor’s degree (refer to this sample)
- A copy of your High School certificate and transcript (notarised and translated into English if in another language)
- A copy of IELTS or TOEFL score, test taken within the last 2 years (minimum requirement: IELTS = 6.0; TOEFL = 550)
- Scanned copy of Passport
- Passport size photo
All application materials should be submitted electronically to [email protected] on or before 30 September 2021.
Please continue to visit this page for announcements on the next round of applications for SY 2023.