The application deadline for the next ACTS M.A. course is July 31, 2016
The two-year ACTS Masters Programme is specially designed for a variety of peaceworkers from all sectors, including government and non-government, military, armed groups and businesses from across the Asia-Pacific region.
The part-time distance-learning course involves a combination of self-study and two-week residential seminars three times a year held in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The course fee is $2,500 USD a year. Some scholarships are available.
The programme includes practical study, advanced conflict intervention skills, theory building, analysis and strategy development, as well as specialised Action Research into the areas of peacebuilding and conflict transformation relating to the work of participants and their organisations.
The ACTS M.A. Programme is fully accredited with Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC).
- Experience in participative learning methodology in the field of conflict transformation or related fields
- Willingness to participate in a cross-cultural and interfaith learning environment
- At least two years work experience in conflict transformation or related fields
- Support of employer or someone connected with proposed area of work and action research
- Capacity to cope well with demands of the course, including self-directed action research
- Commitment to peace and justice values
- Self-awareness and openness to receiving feedback
- Access to computer, email, internet
- Fluency in English (required to pass IELTS score 6.0 or TOEFL of 550)
- Undergraduate degree and high school degree essential
- Living and working within boundaries of the Asia-Pacific region
- Over 25 years of age
For more information, please contact ACTS Admissions at [email protected] or follow the link below for the application documents.